What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as address and postcode and preferences.
- Details of items you order from us.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
For information on the cookies we use see our Cookies page.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Provide our goods and services to you.
- Process your order (including payment) for the goods.
- To contact you if we have any order enquiries or questions to be able to fulfill your order.
- To keep a record of your order history with us to be able to assist you with enquiries.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically (only if you tick the box to opt in to staying updated) send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes (only if you have opted in to staying updated). We may contact you by email or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Do we share your data?
We will only share information if we contract with third parties to supply services to you on our behalf. Your information will NOT be shared by us with third parties for their own marketing purposes. The following parties used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us:
Royal Mail; Paypal; Stripe Payment Gateway, Mailchimp, Google Analytics
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies, so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by them:
Information about Google Analytics can be found here – https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners
Please note that certain providers may be located in a different country than you or us and that your information may, therefore, be held or transferred overseas. Your information may also become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction in which that service provider is located.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by us, which may include your personal data, for example, where we are involved in legal proceedings, where we are complying with legal requirements, a court order, or a governmental authority.
We do not store financial information like credit or debit card numbers on this site. All transactions are handled by a secure online independent payment service provider. We accept payment online by Visa, MasterCard and American Express, via the secure payment provider Stripe or payment can also be made using Paypal.
Stripe stores your credit card data and it is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. It meets the requirements for security set by Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Stripe Payment Gateway who have been audited by an independent PCI Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) and is certified as a PCI Level 1 Service Provider. This is the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry.
You can also pay with the secure online independent payment service provider Paypal and you can read more about how they protect your information here: https://www.paypal.com/bm/webapps/mpp/pay-online
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
When you checkout, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you would like to hear about offers and updates. This box will automatically be unticked so if you would like to hear about offers and updates from Nina Louise you can tick this box.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us at email@example.com
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR:
The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data.
The right of access to the personal data we hold about you.
The right to rectification if any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask us to delete any personal data we hold about you
The right to prevent the processing of your personal data.
To discuss and rectify or restrict any information we hold about you please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I be removed from your mailing list?
With your permission, Nina Louise Limited will send you special offers and promotions by post and email. If you do not want to receive offers and promotions by email, you can unsubscribe by clicking the ‘unsubscribe from this list’ link at the bottom of the email, or by emailing email@example.com with your request. If you do not want to receive offers and promotions by post, let us know my email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We respect your privacy and are committed to protect it.